We all have that friend or friends who have always been in good shape and never seem like they're struggling to maintain it.
Weight management isn't that easy for all of us - at least not at first. Especially if you just completed a diet and now you have to adjust to a new weight group and different eating habits.
A lot of people, after finishing a diet, go back to their old eating habits. But what sort of habits should you develop?
We've been talking a lot on this blog about the importance of adopting healthier eating habits in order to maintain your new shape, so with this post I want to give you a number of straightforward tips that will help you do just that:
1. Eat a healthy sandwich or light meal before going to a party.
2. When you go to a bar, try to stop after your second pint.
3. Consume foods that are rich in fibers.
4. Drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters per day.
5. Invest in fruits. Be especially welcoming of citrus fruits, as they have properties that help with reducing the absorption of fats and sugars and give you an added feeling of satiety.
6. Eat more vegetables, less fast food.
7. Stop to eat. Don't eat in a hurry or while you're also doing something else. Try to appreciate the act of eating.
8. Don't go on any extreme diets. They may seem harmless, but nutrient restriction leaves nutritionists worried.
9. Be mindful of how much sugar you eat, but allow yourself the occasional dessert.
Just about anyone can put those habits into practice. Carolina, who tested our app for 10 days in one of our recent case studies, managed to lose 5 pounds in that short time.
Her success came simply from eating healthier, less caloric food each day for 10 days.
Watch her short video series to find out just how she was able to eat little more than 700 calories a day in our Facebook fanpage.